As some of you know I’ve been learning a new 3D program recently called Cinema4D. The program allows you a few different ways to render your creations and I’ve explored a couple of them so far. I used the built in CPU renderer for “Lacuna” and “Trypophilia” and I used the “Redshift” GPU renderer for “Class M“. For this abstract piece I used a popular 3D party GPU renderer called “Octane” and I was very pleased to find out that it rendered the scene about 10x faster than when I tried using the CPU.
There’s definitely a lot of relearning I need to go through to use these GPU rendering engines but I think the results will be worth it. I hope you enjoy this first experiment!!