Your privacy and peace of mind is important to me!
This document was created to outline my policy on the following:
- information I collect about you during your visit to my site
- what I do with that information
- unsolicited email
- 3rd party sites and your privacy
What information do I collect about you during your visit to Digital Blasphemy:
- My servers create log files of all requests made for web pages and graphics and these logs contain the time of the request, the IP address of the request, the resource requested, the browser and OS used to make the request, and the web link which was clicked to cause the request to be made (called the “referer”). I analyse these logs to get a better idea of when my site is the busiest, which items are the most (and least) popular, which ISPs my visitors are using to access my site, and which pages on the web link to me. All of this information is used to improve the content on my site and your experience while browsing it. At no time do I store information about specific users, unless there is evidence that a user is making requests from my system intended to breach security and gain illegal access.
- When you sign up to become a member of my site, I will collect your name, address, city, state, zip, email address, credit card number and credit card expiration date. Your credit card information is passed directly to my bank and is not stored on any of my servers. Your physical address is used to verify your credit card with my processor, and only the numeric portion of it (your street number) is transmitted during the transaction. Your email address is automatically added to my password database, so you can retrieve your password should you lose it. Once you are a member you’ll also have the option to add your address to one or more automated mailing lists (one of them, for example, sends you an email when your account is about to expire). The same anti-spam policy I stated for my “free gallery mailing list” also applies to the mailing lists in the member’s gallery. They are “opt-in” only and have clear instructions on how to remove your address at any time.Your physical address will NEVER be used to send you unsolicited mailing from Digital Blasphemy. When you sign up as a member of my site, you must choose a username and password to gain access. This username appears in my server logs and is used to detect illicit attempts to gain access.
- What do I do with the information I collect?: First of all, you can rest easy knowing that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER will Digital Blasphemy share your personal information with any 3rd party. Your email address will never be given (or sold) to spammers and, if you’re a member, your signup data will never be be given (or sold) to junk mailers. Digital Blasphemy is 100% committed to your privacy and your peace of mind. This policy will NEVER change.The information I collect from and about you (listed above) is used only to improve my site and your experience using it. Email addresses are collected only with your permission and are only used in accordance with the stated purpose of the list you joined. Joining one list on my site (the free gallery list, for example) does not automatically add you to any other lists (like one of my member’s gallery lists).I use information from my server logs (see point one above) to determine the most (and least) popular content on my site and to adjust accordingly. I use the IP address information to help diagnose problems with my systems. For example, if AOL users turn out to be a large percentage of my visitors (they are) then I should probably post special instructions for them (I have). Server log information is only used in aggregate form, and is never used to isolate specific visitor browsing patterns.Member’s username information stored in my server logs is used only to detect illicit attempts to access protected data.
- Unsolicited Email: It is and shall forever be Digital Blasphemy’s policy to never send you email that you didn’t expressly ask for. If you send me an email through your personal email account, of course, I may choose to drop you a line sometime in the future. This would be a personal issue only though, and you take the same risk whenever you send an email to another individual. I do not collect the addresses of people who send me email, but I may add your address to my personal address book if we have an interesting conversation. If you don’t want me to, just say so when you write me. This policy also extends to people who use my feedback form\. No information collected from that form will be used to send you unsolicited email or identify you in any way other than as a friendly person who emailed me.
- Third Parties Collecting Information about Digital Blasphemy Users: Digital Blasphemy uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit my Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.DB uses Google Adsense to serve ads and includes a Doubleclick tracking cookie in my footer which reads the cookie already on your computer to serve you better ads.
If any of the above information is unclear, don’t hesitate to write me for a clarification. Basically it all boils down to this: your privacy and peace of mind are of the utmost importance to me. I will never do anything to jeopardize your trust in me (Ryan Bliss) or my site (Digital Blasphemy)
This document was last updated on Tuesday, 17-Sep-2013 07:31:05 CDT