Posted on January 18, 2021
For a while now folks have been asking that I rework one of my earliest abstracts. That one is particularly tough to recreate though because it’s actually not a 3D render at all. It was one of my first attempts at visual artwork on the computer and I used a set of 2D filters in an early version of Photoshop. This was before I had a copy of Bryce and knew anything about 3D rendering.
The first step creating a new 3D version was for me to learn how to create a convincing “woven” mesh. Fortunately I found a method using Blender that produces pretty excellent results. This particular render is my practice with that method.
Obviously I need a lot more practice but I’m sure this method can be used to create lots of other interesting effects 🙂